1/19/16

Trying out a new strategy for starting the new year


Can you believe January is already half over? I usually like to use those first couple of weeks of January to simply rest and recover from our busy holiday season. This year, I tried a different strategy. I decided to get a running start into the new year with two out of town trips that align to my 2016 priorities.

First, I jump started my professional development for the year with a 3-day coaching workshop at CTI (The Coach Training Institute). I left completely inspired and with a bursting toolkit full of new techniques which I'll be sharing with clients, in workshops and women's circles, and here on the blog this year.

Second, I used the 3-day MLK weekend to get a jump start on one of my personal intentions for 2016: to spend more time in nature. With my family, I headed up to Sequoia National Park to be awed by the giant trees, made even more spectacular by the thick covering of winter snow. There is nothing like time in the woods to restore your sense of balance and peace.

And now, feeling filled up with inspiring inputs both professionally and personally, I'm happy to be home, getting back into my regular routines.

This month on the blog, I'll be sharing some of the habits, tools, practices and routines I use to set my intentions for the year and stay on track. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment