8/22/15

How to be interesting: Ignite your curiosity


“I’ve never met anyone who is bored who is not also boring. And I’ve never met anyone interesting who is not also interested.” 

I love this quote from Elizabeth Gilbert, which I heard her say in one of her recent podcast episodes (Magic Lessons).

Being interested involves igniting your curiosity. 

(My "one little word" from 2012 was Curious. I spent a lot of time that year cultivating curiosity as a practice, and have tried to keep it up ever since. I love how my annual words become part of my life like that. This new daily blog posting habit is helping to reinforce my habit of curiosity too, come to think of it.)

I also recently heard someone say that curiosity is the opposite of depression. I'd never thought of those two things as juxtaposed. So interesting.

There you have it, my thought for today. I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment