5/18/15

Summer Reading List: KidLit

What will you be reading this summer?

Now's the time to start collecting your stack of summer books, so that you don't have to waste a moment wondering what to read next. Just grab the next book off the top of your pile, pop it into your bag and you're ready to read, wherever summer takes you, whether that's into the backyard hammock, or away to distant shores to read on the beach.

I love kid lit, as you know if you've been following along here. This past weekend I attended a summer reading book talk hosted by the Mayor of Bookopolis, my friend Kari. She had so many great suggestions, particularly for all the exciting new books coming out this summer. I left with a long list of books for my summer reading list. My daughter, who went with me, came away totally fired up about reading this summer. "So many books! There's not enough time!" she lamented. (Music to my ears.)

Here are just a few of the books on my summer "to read" list:





I'm planning to read at least one kidlit book a week this summer, hopefully more. I'll be posting about the books as I read them, here on the blog.

What's on your summer reading list?

1 comment:

  1. Last summer I did not bring any books on our vacation and ended up reading most of my kids' books (my daughter brought 12 books). It's a good thing I enjoy kid lit and YA novels too :-). The same thing will probably happen again this year - it will be a nice break from all the gardening books I am reading now.

    ReplyDelete