5/5/15

Art Journal peek

Why don't I spend more time in my art journal?? It's pure playtime, and that feels hard to justify sometimes. But then again, it's renewing and therapeutic, and I always learn something about materials or techniques. Plus it's fun!

While I haven't spent as much time on my art journal as I'd like to, I have done a few spreads over the past few weeks that I haven't shared here yet. Here is a peek:

Four Hearts






























I did not have a plan for this spread, I just started layering on papers and colors. I used my favorite circles stencil across the middle and decided to go with the circle theme and create four larger circles along the bottom, echoing the circles above. Those four circles made me think of the four of us in my family, separate yet connected and swimming together in the same waters. I added the four hearts last, one for each person in the family.

Here is a detail:


Pillars of Light

 I have a small painting in my house that inspired me on this design. I tried to use the same general color scheme and the same types of shapes. It turned out kind of messy, and I think it could easily be mistaken for a Kindergartner's art! But I think it's cheerful and I like it anyway.


A Tree Full of Owls


A friend of mine told me that she dreamed about the two of us flying together through trees full of owls. I've been wanting to make a tree full of owls ever since. I painted the tree into my journal, then separately I drew the owls with colored pencils on vellum, cut them out, and turned them into stickers using my Xyron. I wish they weren't transparent (why did I use vellum??) but I like them anyway.

The little guy below is my favorite one:

Hope you enjoyed this peek into my art journal, and that it inspires you to give art journaling a try.

1 comment:

  1. The owls are amazing. Where did you get your artistic side?

    ReplyDelete