4/13/15

Embracing bad-ness

“It is easy to begin once you have accepted that what you produce may not be very good, and that is normal” - Megan McArdle

Hey friends,

Just popping in to share a quote I came across this week that seems quite helpful as I work through the messy process of revising my novel. I'm embracing it's bad-ness in order to keep myself going, strange as that sounds.

Writing a bad first novel is totally normal, and also a prerequisite to learning and eventually writing something that is not bad.

The trick is to just keep plowing away, to do your best to learn as you go, and to not give up.

1 comment:

  1. The implied part of the statement is the "at first" and that improvement will come. True in life as well, It's easy to begin if.... Great attitude!

    ReplyDelete