3/9/15

Art Journaling Page: Sit Down and Begin


The Documented Life Project challenge for February 21st:

Art Challenge:  Repeating Elements
Journal Prompt:  It's Worth Repeating


I pulled this page together in about 15 minutes by starting with a layer of paint that I stamped on with my Gelli Plate. It's such a fast way to get a lot of color on the page.

Then I cut a strip from another gelli print I'd done some time ago, and turned it into a sticker with my new super-cool Xynon tool. I cut oval shapes out of the strip. Those shapes are my repeating element.

The quote from Dani Shapiro (author of Still Writing, a delicious book that I adore), is definitely worth repeating!
























































It came together really quickly and I probably should have added more layers and details, but I liked it just the way it was, so I called it done!

1 comment: