3/21/15

Art journal page: Borderline



The Documented Life Project challenge for the week of March 14:

Art Challenge:  Borders
Journal Prompt:  "Borderline feels like I'm going to lose my mind."

I made the border first, and then stared at it for a long time trying to figure out what to do next.







My first idea was to fill in the middle with colored shapes but I ended up not liking that. They were too much with the busy border. So I decided to cover them up with a layer of gesso that was thin enough that they show through a little and give some depth and texture to the background without commanding attention.





Then I made big orange ovals, hoping that the larger scale would would work better with the busy border. 

It seemed to work better, so I added some details and finished it with words using my white gel pen.






No comments:

Post a Comment