2/10/15

Art Journaling Page: What Lies Beneath?




Today I'm posting Week Five of my art journaling project, Documented Life, which provides a weekly prompt.

Here's the week's challenge:

Art Challenge:  Under Paper (paper on your work table that gets all inky)
Journal Prompt:  What lies beneath?



The quote comes from a Peter, Paul & Mary song for children. Here are some of the other lyrics from that darling song:
We are the boat, we are the sea, I sail in you, you sail in me. 
The stream sings it to the river, the river sings it to the sea 
The sea sings it to the boat that carries you and me 
The boat we are sailing in was built by many hands 
And the sea we are sailing on, it touches every land
So with our hopes we set the sails 
And face the winds once more 
And with our hearts, we chart the waters never sailed before.

Per the week's challenge, I used some under paper (for the boat and the hearts), and I did a tiny bit of journaling along the line between the sea and the sky on the theme of "what lies beneath."

I must give credit to my inspiration source, Vicki Papaioannou, who offers free art journaling video tutorials on YouTube. I watched several over the past few days. This darling page, and this one, were both in my mind when I created mine.

It doesn't feel quite "done" yet to me, but I'm not sure what else to add. Week Six's challenge is about layers and when to stop (or not to), so perhaps that exercise will yeild some insights and I'll come back to add more to this page later.

But for now, I'm calling this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment