1/7/15

Mood fixing

Spark of the day:

Be a mood-fixer.

I am reading "What to do when it's your turn (and it's always your turn)" by Seth Godin. This bit resonated with me:
The people who need you need you to fix their mood, even when you don't feel like it. And we need you to learn to fix your own mood so you can be the one who fixes the rest of us. The mood-fixer is a precious resource, and you can learn how to be that resource. Do what you should do. Your mood will follow.
Such a good one, right?

I know what it's like to try to fix moods, my own, and the moods of people around me. I'm not bad at it, but boy would I love to be better. And boy would it be nice if the people around me were better at it.

Our mood is, for the most part, a choice, and I agree with Mr. Godin that fixing it can be learned. So, lets learn it. I'll be on the lookout for sparks in that area, and will be bringing what I learn to these spark of the day posts.

Hope you have a sparky day!

No comments:

Post a Comment