1/5/15

Coming Alive

Spark of the day:

Shifting from a mindset of "getting ahead" 
to a mindset of "coming alive."

Dani Shapiro was being interviewed on The Unmistakable Creative, a podcast I listen to, and she referenced this "from/to" as a cultural shift she is seeing.

It sparked me immediately, as it feels like what I've been doing in my own life since leaving my corporate career behind. Although, in my case, there was probably a stage in-between where I went from a mindset of "getting ahead" to a stage where I was focused on "staying afloat" or "surviving." This was the period when I was trying to work full time and raise young children at the same time.

But now, I love the notion of "coming alive" as the driving mindset for the next period.

Isn't that a lovely notion? Imagine if everybody started shifting their mindset in this way. I wonder what the world would be like.

Had to share this little spark.

Hope it sparks for you too!

____________

Spark of the Day is a blog series where I document and share the ideas that spark me, either ideas I come across during my day, or ideas I have as a result of my work and personal writing. "Spark" is the "one little word" I have chosen for 2015.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Spark of the Day ideas. It's going to be a great 2015!

    ReplyDelete