1/17/15

Art Journaling Page: Today


Here is week two of my art journaling project.

(I'm doing Documented Life, which provides a weekly prompt.)

Here's the week's challenge:

Art Challenge:  Gesso
Journal Prompt:  “The beginning is always today.” -Mary Shelley

I decided not to use the whole quote, but I liked the idea of focusing on "today", so I started with that and added some more words (cut from an old children's book) to tie it into my "spark" theme.







Here is the whole page:


I kind of like the bird. I think she is my favorite part of the page. Behind her, you can sort of see the journaling I did on an earlier layer, which I then covered up with thinned gesso. I like knowing it's back there, but not having the writing take focus.




I added a few more words (cut from that same book), to include some additional thoughts about what I want for myself this year (and within each "today.")





















I'm learning so much from this project already by just being asked to dive in each week and try something. Love that.

Happy weekend!

1 comment: