1/9/15

Art Journaling page: Spark



I joined a weekly art journaling club this week. (Club? Class? Project? I'm not sure how to describe it.) Every Saturday they post a challenge that you respond to in your art journal any way you like. Each challenge will have an art component, and a journaling component. It's called Documented Life 2015, and it's from a group of talented ladies who call themselves Art to the Fifth.

This week's challenge:

Art Challenge: Book Paper
Journal Prompt: Be Your Own Goal Keeper

I decided to focus on my word, since many of my goals for the year spring from it in one way or another. I used book paper as my underlayer. Here is the whole spread:



The red card on the right side is a flap.




Under the flap is another card where I typed out some thoughts related to my word and my goals for next year. I did it totally stream of conscious, not thinking too much about it. I like what ended up coming out that way. It was fun too.


On the left side, I included some quotes I found that relate to my word in one way or another.


I learned a lot from several videos the teachers posted, and I incorporated many of their ideas here. Many thanks for Rae, Roben-Marie, Lorraine and Sandi for their inspiration.


I can't wait to find out next week's prompt! If you want to learn more about this project (and join me in doing it??) click here.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful journal - you are so creative, Laurel! And I think I could tape "avoid busy boredom" above my desk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creative and neat. We trundle along in our well worn ruts when something sparks us. The question is, do we notice. If we never do the sparks might become 2x4's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Laurel. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Love your thoughtful post. You live very thoughtfully, and I really appreciate that. I enjoy the type of writing you described in this post the best. It can get a little messy, but I find it freeing. :)

    ReplyDelete