1/29/15

Art Journaling Page: The Color Wheel


Today I'm posting Week Three of my art journaling project, Documented Life, which provides a weekly prompt.

Here's the week's challenge:

Art Challenge:  The Color Wheel
Journal Prompt:  "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way . . . “    - Georgia O’Keeffe


I decided to incorporate the color wheel literally, so that I could refer to it when planning future pages. I ended up obscuring much of it with my white gesso scratches, but it seemed to need some texture. I can still see enough of it to use it as a reference.

The quote isn't very legible, but I like that it's included in there. The quote puzzles me a little bit -- I don't often find that color and shape are the best way to say something -- but I am taking it as a challenge. Perhaps as I grow as an artist I will find that I am using art to express what otherwise wouldn't be said. I hope so.

Next up, Week Four, where I'm looking forward to incorporating the "one little words" of some of my favorite people.

No comments:

Post a Comment