12/17/14

What's Up Wednesday



During December, I'm not participating in my usual weekly "What's Up Wednesday" blog hop, but I did want to pop in with my own version of a Wednesday update on this rainy day:

WHAT I'M READING
  • Brene Brown's The Gifts of Imperfection. How did it take me so long to discover this book? I want to buy one for everybody I know. There are so many great concepts in here, and juicy passages and great quotes. I just read the chapter where she talks about the power of thinking of love as a practice or an action, rather than a feeling. I love this, it makes so much sense to me!

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO
  • Jess Lively's podcast The Lively Show. I love all her episodes, but this week I was particularly interested in #52 on "how to hear from your intuition". It has never felt obvious to me how to distinguish between what she calls the ego vs the intuition, but the ability to do so and to really hear what your intuition is telling you seems very important and worthy of effort. She gives a lot of tips on how to do it. Check it out here.

WHAT I'M WRITING
  • Morning pages. And... I can feel myself starting to itch to get back into a variety of writing projects I have bubbling in my mind. I am feeling grateful that writing is calling, and that I have time available to answer that call after the holidays. What a blessing.

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
  • The holiday parties I am invited to feel like a huge gift, (whether or not I can attend them.) How amazing that someone is willing to open their home and provide food and drink and give me an opportunity to connect with them in their own space, and with their carefully curated community of lovely guests. I am really appreciating everyone's hospitality this season, and it's making me want to be a better (and more frequent) hostess in 2015.

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO
  • Wearing my rubber rain boots almost every day. Sitting by the fire with my books and my notebook. Shopping online. Gathering supplies for children's school parties. Practicing yoga. Facilitating a brand strategy workshop for friends embarking on an exciting new venture. Attending holiday parties and programs. Admiring pictures of my mom & dad's new puppy. Taking care of the zillion little things that need to be done in this last week before the holiday is here!

Happy Wednesday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment