12/10/14

What's Up Wednesday


Hello Friends, and welcome to What’s Up Wednesday (a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk.)

WHAT I'M READING
  • Anne Morrow Lindburgh's Gift From the Sea. I'm finding it amazingly relevant to my experience of life, even though it was written fifty years ago. Every page of this precious little book has gems of wisdom. I find myself wanting to underline and take notes all over the place.

WHAT I'M WRITING
  • Morning pages* and to-do lists. (Planning to start revisions on my WIP in January.)

WHAT WORKS FOR ME
  • The morning pages are keeping my writing (and thinking) from going too far stale while I take a break from my novel for the month of December. I hope so anyway!

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO
  • All the usual December tasks... the same ones on your list, probably. I'm really feeling the passage of time this year, and that the kids are growing up so quickly. I want to relish the season with them while they are still young enough to enjoy the sweeter, more magical parts of the holidays. So I'm trying to stay focused on our fun family traditions and minimize the chore-like parts of the month. 

Hope you are finding December to be sweet and magical around your house this year!


*Morning pages are three longhand pages of stream-of-consciousness writing done first thing in the morning. The concept and term were coined by Julia Cameron, author of The Artist's Way. She recommends morning pages as a critical part of any creative person's daily life.

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment