12/22/14

2014 Roundup: Favorite Books

I did a lot more reading this year than I usually do, and my reading spanned more genres. I was looking back at the books I read this year, and thought it would be nice to collect my favorite titles and publish them here. I would highly recommend all of these.

Top Few Favorite Books I read in 2014, by category

For Middle Grade Kids & YA
Eleven Birthdays (and the rest of the series) by Wendy Mass
When you Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
Wonder by RJ Palacio
The Uglies (and the rest of the series) by Scott Westerfeld

Personal Growth
Die Empty by Todd Henry
Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindburg
The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
The War of Art by Stephen Pressfield

About Writing
On Writing by Stephen King
The Anatomy of Story by John Truby
This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett

Adult Novels
The Forest Lover by Susan Vreeland
The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy #3) by Deborah Harkness


What did you read and recommend in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment