11/19/14

What's Up Wednesday



Hello Friends, and welcome to What’s Up Wednesday (a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk.)

WHAT I'M READING
  • In The Artist Way, chapter five, Julia Cameron prescribes no reading for a week. So, I've been trying not to read. Which is just as well because I've been writing A TON.

WHAT I'M WRITING
  • I finished the first draft of my middle grade novel THEADS OF LIGHT yesterday. Yep, I got to "the end." FINALLY! It seems like there should be sound effects with that sentence, doesn't it? Cheering, fireworks, or a choir singing hallelujah?

WHAT WORKS FOR ME
  • Writing is like going for a long walk. If you just put one foot in front of the other, you can cover a lot of distance. Eventually, you get there.

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO
  • I think that's enough for this week!

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your draft, that's brilliant! :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your first draft!! :D Lots of fireworks and cheers! You know, that advice about not reading for a week might be something I need to try. (Though, I always read right before bed, so I might have to make an exception thing.) I find that when I'm reading more, I'm writing WAY less and vice versa. It's like I have a hard time doing both or something.

    Thanks for the tip! Have a great week, Laurel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with your "writing is like a long walk." Sometimes I feel a little down because I don't have a high word count like the NaNoers out there, but a little bit at a time gets the book written!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOORAAAAAY! Congratulations on completing the draft. Best feeling ever :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done on finishing your mg first draft! I agree there should be fireworks because that's a huge deal! Also, I love your walking-writing metaphor. I really feel like I'm tiptoeing with one foot in front of the other lately, so that works for me. Have a super week and make sure you reward yourself for completing that draft! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finishing your draft!!!! What a fabulous feeling :)

    ReplyDelete