I'm back with my Wednesday habit: What's Up Wednesday. I'm keeping it brief in the spirit of keeping my words focused on my novel instead of long blog posts. :)
WHAT I'M READING
- Playing Big by Tara Mohr
- The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron (Working through chapter 4 this week.)
WHAT I'M WRITING
- I'm steadily making progress on my WIP, THREADS OF LIGHT. I've made a schedule, and I'm following it, which has resulted in the writing of between 600 and 2000 words per day (excluding weekends and holidays). It's gradually adding up to good progress. (Finally!)
- Also - still doing my Morning pages.
- And - still recording ideas (my own, or other people's, when I read or hear something I like) daily in my Ideas Journal.
WHAT WORKS FOR ME
- It has really helped me to map out the remaining scenes of my novel against my upcoming available writing days. Having a schedule has helped me stay on track and make progress. It also probably helped that I posted a photo of the schedule on Instagram, and then publicly dared myself to beat that time and finish the novel in November. (I am so close!)
- I have moved away from a daily word count goal, and instead am just focused on staying on the scene schedule I set. I am liking this better than a word count goal so far. It's more flexible, while still requiring forward progress.
WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO
- Documenting a week of my life in photos and words along with Ali Edwards and her Week In The Life project. I did the documentation last week, and this week I am going to start putting it together into an album.
- Taking the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge with Simple Green Smoothies. (I signed up for the October challenge mid-month, so I'm still working my way through those recipes.)
What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.