9/24/14

What's Up Wednesday


Hello friends! 

WHAT I'M READING
  • Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins. I re-read this old favorite last week. That guy has a way with words like no other writer I have ever met. Every single paragraph was mind bending in a really good way.
  • Globejotting by Dave Fox. A book about how to journal while your'e traveling. Loving the ideas in there for telling better stories. Many of the tips apply to writing in general, which I am also loving.
  • iRules by Janell Hofmann. A book about how to parent in the age of technology. I am stuck between wanting to grant greater access to technology as the kids grow up, and wanting to limit screen time to protect their imaginations. This book is giving me some good ideas for how to navigate that tricky balancing act. (Thanks Mom!)

WHAT I'M WRITING
  • Stories from my recent trip to Canada, for the blog and for a trip scrapbook I am planning. 
  • Notes and impressions from my trip as they relate to my WIP novel. But no actual draft writing happening yet... Soon. Really. I hope.

WHAT WORKS FOR ME
This is a new title that the WUW crew have adopted (replacing "what inspires me".) Because I've been a rut for so many weeks in a row, it would seem disingenuous to contribute a writing tip or suggestion at this time. I'm also going to pull back on linking these Wednesday posts to the meme, until my writing gets back on track. But I actually really enjoy the Wednesday routine, so I will continue to post here on most Wednesdays. I may stick with the "what inspires me," as I like that heading, and since the post is really just for me anyway, I can do what I want, right?

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
Getting regular life back up and running after 8 glorious days on vacation. Doing mountains of laundry. Reading dozens of unread emails. Thinking about how I can get my writing back on track...

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment