9/3/14

What's Up Wednesday

Hello friends! 

WHAT I'M READING
  • I am really enjoying This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett, particularly all the stories about her path as a writer.
  • I'm still listening (sporadically) to Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand in audiobook format when I am out and about.
  • Finally, I am deep into the Geronimo Stilton books with my 3rd grader. We are reading them together, alternating between me reading and him reading. It's nice to see him excited about a series.

WHAT I'M WRITING
Not too much yet, though I wrote a few hundred words here and there over the past few days. I have felt a bit out of sorts and disoriented as I adjust to the kids being back in school again. Last week I felt too... agitated? distracted?... to be able to sit down and write. But this week I feel more centered. I am gradually coming back to the place where I feel settled and focused enough to sit down and write. I can feel it coming. I'm not quite there yet.

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
I am finally coming out of a bad cold that dragged on for nearly 2 weeks, and really sapped my energy. But I noticed yesterday that I was bouncing from one task to the next in a way I haven't for a while. Feeling good is all the inspiration I need right now. Grateful to be healthy again.

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
This morning it felt fall-like for the first time. I'm sure it was just a tease... we typically stay hot around here through October. But it made me want to pull out my fall clothes. I am planning to try a capsule wardrobe again this fall, having liked the limited selection when I tried it last month. Sometimes fewer choices is better!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better. The cold probably didn't help the writing much. Here's hoping this will be a much more productive week ^_^

    ReplyDelete