9/29/14

Lets chat over coffee

I’ve got a lot of random things floating around in my mind today, so I'm going to jumble them all together in this post.



Pretend you and I are getting together to go for a walk downtown to get coffee. (Or indulge in a mocha with whipped cream?! Whatever!)

Here are a few of the things I might chat about:

First, I’d tell you with great pride that I went skydiving this weekend. Indoor skydiving, but still! It was like flying, and it was the most fun I've had in a long time. Talk about daring! (My One Little Word is Dare this year.) I was pretty proud of myself. You should try it! (We did it at a place called iFly in Union City, California.) Here we are, ready to fly.





Speaking of being proud, my friend Stacey published her first novel!! She co-wrote the book with some friends, and published it under the pseudonym Ada Everett. I’m halfway through and loving it. So much fun to finally get a chance to read a book I’ve heard about before it was even a thing. It’s a YA dystopian adventure about hacking and alternative universes. So much fun. Check it out here.



Oh! Can I share a nice surprise? One of my favorite bloggers — whom I’ve never met, but become friends with online — blogged about me last week! She made a recipe she found through a link on my blog, and blogged about it, and then said such nice things about how we met. She lives in Holland (where I lived for a while growing up), and she has the same OLW I have (Dare), and I feel such an affinity with her even though we are worlds apart. It gave me the biggest thrill to read about myself on her blog! Check out her post here



Are you watching the new season of the Amazing Race? My kids are super excited about it. The season started on Friday, so there’s still time to get in on it. I find that it’s pretty hard to find something that works for them (at 10 and 8) that I like too. This show is a big win for everybody! And I love that this gives them glimpses of the big wide world, in a positive, exciting way. Super cool show.



Speaking of traveling, I’m still using every opportunity to talk about my trip to Canada earlier this month. It helps me keep the vacation feeling alive. Here’s one more photo of the trip. (In addition to the ones I already shared here, and here.) Ahhh.






Well, there you have it, a mashup of all sorts of random things. Thanks for joining me for coffee this Monday morning! Have a great day.

P.S. The format of this blog post was inspired by this post from another one of the bloggers I follow. Thanks, Emily!

1 comment:

  1. It would be lovely to be able to grab a cup of coffee together, but for now this virtual chat is also fun :-)

    ReplyDelete