8/27/14

What's Up Wednesday

Hello friends! 

WHAT I'M READING
  • I finished Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin this week. I admired her diligence and discipline in thinking through what might make her happier, and loved her process of making experimental resolutions to test her theories. The specificity of her resolutions wasn't particularly applicable, but the approach and sentiments were very inspiring. 
  • I'm listening to Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand in audiobook format while I go for walks and runs. It's got me hooked. 
  • Next up: This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett

WHAT I'M WRITING
Now that the kids are back in school, I am trying to build back to a "write every day" habit. I'm off to a solid, if slow, start. Monday I did some free writing about my story. Tuesday I read some scenes from my novel, and managed 350 new words. Painful, slow words, but they were words! Today I will pick up where I left off and keep at it. I'm hoping to work back up to 1000 words a day.

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
Loving the feeling of fresh starts that I always get this time of year with the kids returning to school. I'm excited about setting some new goals for this year.

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
Doing lots of thinking, planning, dreaming and list making about my goals and intentions for this fall and this fresh new school year. So many possibilities. I would like to learn a new skill or deepen some skills. I am on the hunt for some good online learning courses. Maybe something in the area of art, photography, story telling, or graphic design. Or anything creative, really. Have you taken any online courses you would recommend?

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your daily writing goal ^_^

    I've never tried any online courses. I quite like being in a classroom environment, so I tend to go to real world courses. Also I think I'd lack the motivation if I didn't have to physically go somewhere every week.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete