8/4/14

Ready Set Write! (Week 9)


Hello, and welcome to Week 9 of Ready Set Write!

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS:

I'd give myself a "C". There's no doubt about it, my writing momentum has plummeted, and we've been so darn busy around here this month that I've got faint hopes at best of regaining it before the kids go back to school in three weeks. 

MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:

I am sad to say I have no writing goals this week. We're heading out on a big family backpacking trip on Thursday and every ounce of energy this week is going to be devoted to setting us up for success there. (Oh, and my dare for August -- closet detox! -- which has me distracted the past few days.)

A WORD OR PHRASE THAT SUMS UP MY WEEK:
Adventuring. (And capsule wardrobes.)

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
Being present in the moment and not feeling guilty for not doing what I "should" be doing.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP
The imagery. Even when I'm not actively writing, I'm always seeing the settings in my mind. It makes me happy to visualize them.

Ready Set Write!, is a weekly blogging meme hosted by Katy UppermanAlison MillerJamie Morrow and Erin L. Funk. As Jamie describes it on her blog, it's a "summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, or revising." Posts will be on Mondays. Are you a writer? Join in!

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing a book's setting in my mind's eye too. It really helps to write the story and world-build well, even if you don't end up including every single detail about a house, school, or area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip! :) Try not to feel guilty about not writing - thinking time is important, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of my best writing moments come when I'm actually not "writing." Enjoy that trip! I have a feeling your mind will be working on your writing regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you can enjoy the trip guilt-free. Thinking and imagining is part of writing, not just putting down the words. So you are accomplishing things!

    ReplyDelete