7/9/14

What's Up Wednesday

Hello friends! I'm posting this a little late in the day today, but better late than never!

WHAT I'M READING
I'm still binging on Wendy Mass books, having just finished The Last Present, (book 4 of the Willow Falls series,) and just starting Every Soul a Star. I also finished From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Koingsburg. It won the 1967 Newbury, but somehow I never read it back in the day. I LOVED it. Next up, I'm going to read an adult novel for a change. I'm going to pick up The Forest Lover by Susan Vreeland, because it's subject matter (an artist living and working in western Canada) is relevant to my WIP.

WHAT I'M WRITING
With kids in the house this week, writing has proven challenging. Out of desperation I called a neighbor teen and hired her for a 5 hours stint today so that I could get back to my novel before I forget what it's about. I went to a local cafe and managed to write 3400 words of my WIP! (I also drank 2 huge iced teas, ate a huge muffin, and a giant spinach salad laden with feta cheese and walnuts. So, it was a good day for my writing, but not good for my waistline or my pocketbook.)

By the way, today was my BIGGEST WRITING DAY EVER. A new record high number. The bar keeps going up!

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
The buzz of energy in the cafe where I worked today. Everywhere around me people were either working on laptops, or meeting with other people, discussing ideas and jotting notes on tablets. I could feel the positive creative energy flowing.

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
I cleaned out my refrigerator, removing and washing all the shelves. I can't tell you what a lift it gave me! Who knew?! I'm out of town next week, (Lair of the Bear family camp!) so I'll see you back here in 2 weeks.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, and designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. I'm grateful to them for creating this structure, which I am finding helpful as I document my path toward becoming a writer. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS on your biggest wordcount day ever! :D That is awesome and inspiring.

    I have yet to find an excellent writing café near me. But that sounds like a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankenweiler. I read it to all of my kids.Congrats on getting so much done last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning the refrigerator is still on my to-do list. I'm afraid of what I'll find at the back. :o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your best writing day so far. May you break that record many more times! My reading has slowed down a lot this week, been so hard to find the time. Why does life have to take over?

    ReplyDelete