7/16/14

What's Up Wednesday

Hello friends! 

NOTE: I'm on vacation this week, and offline completely. (I wrote this post at the end of last week, and scheduled it to go live today.) 

WHAT I'M READING
I have a long list of contenders I'm bringing with me on my trip (thank heaven for Kindles, which pack so many good stories into that slim little package), but haven't decided which ones I'll commit to. Hopefully next week's post will have a long list of juicy vacation reads.

WHAT I'M WRITING
No writing this week! This is a week for doing, not for writing. After all, we must live our lives in order to fill up the well from which to write.

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
There is a small creek out behind the cabins we are staying in. I know this because we stayed in the exact same place last year. I plan to spend a lot of time with my camp chair at the edge of this creek, my toes in the water, notebook or kindle in my hand, getting inspired by the peacefulness of nature and a place that is not connected to the internet.

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
Summer is in full swing around my house, and I'm loving everything about it. Iced coffees. Salmon on the grill. Fresh corn on the cob. Flowers growing in my garden. Sitting outside late at night under twinkly lights. Sleeping in. Going on vacation. There are things about summer that are hard too (such as when the kids get bored and start bickering and pretty soon I'm red in the face and wondering if it's too early to pour a glass of wine, does that happen to anybody else?) BUT, there's an awful lot of good these days, and I'm so very grateful.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, and designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. I'm grateful to them for creating this structure, which I am finding helpful as I document my path toward becoming a writer. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment