7/2/14

What's Up Wednesday
















Hello friends! 

WHAT I'M READING
Anything I can get my hands on by Wendy Mass. Just finished 13 Gifts, (Book Three of the Willow Falls series.) Heading into Book Four, The Last Present, and also starting Every Soul A Star. I can't get enough of her right now.

WHAT I'M WRITING
I am on vacation this week, sans kids for 4 of our 8 days. I envisioned writing a lot, but so far I am just hanging out being lazy. Still hoping for some new words in my WIP, or possibly some brainstorming on new story ideas.

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
Wendy Mass is seriously a genius. My new hero. I love her style, and her mix of realism with magic, and her ability to drop in clues and details that resolve both within the book and across the series, and keep me intrigued from beginning to end. Masterful. 

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
I'm hanging out in a lake house being totally lazy. It's nice.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, and designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. I'm grateful to them for creating this structure, which I am finding helpful as I document my path toward becoming a writer. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes being totally lazy and relaxed frees up your brain to do the brainstorming or dive into writing once you're done relaxing. That's a good thing! Hope you're having a wonderful time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right. After several days of relaxing time, kid free, I found that yesterday I was full of ideas for how to solve a problem I have been wrestling with in my WIP. I feel like I have a path forward now, and can't wait to get back to writing.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy the vacation. Sounds like you need it :D You can get back to writing once you're all rested up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not being lazy. You're recharging your creative batteries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My oldest loves Wendy Mas too. I've added her books to my summer reading list so I can connect with her over the stories. Enjoy your vacation, hoping to catch up with you later in the month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out Wendy Mas. She sounds amazing. Enjoy your alone time. I'm kind of jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete