7/21/14

Ready Set Write! (Week 7)


Hello, and welcome to Week 7 of Ready Set Write!

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS:

My goal was simple: to be on vacation and enjoy it. CHECK.

MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:

1) Word count goal: add 3000 words to THREADS OF LIGHT.
2) With my two summer vacation weeks now behind me, and no more weeks of both-kids-in-camp, summer settles into a new rhythm as of this week. I need to figure out how writing will figure into that rhythm so that I can keep momentum going between now and when school starts up again.

A WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP MY WEEK:
Floating. (Offline, among trees, along a creek, in an inner tube, under the stars.)

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
I was offline and separated from my laptop, and I was a bit surprised to find that I wasn't thinking much about my novel. So that led to worries that I'd lose momentum. Hopefully I will find it again this week.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP
My theme. I am touching on the question of where creativity comes from. (It seems to be a timely topic, judging by this article in the New York Times, published this week. I particularly love the illustration, which is reminiscent of my title, THREADS OF LIGHT.

Ready Set Write!, is a weekly blogging meme hosted by Katy UppermanAlison MillerJamie Morrow and Erin L. Funk. As Jamie describes it on her blog, it's a "summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, or revising." Posts will be on Mondays. Are you a writer? Join in!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you had a fun week! :) Good luck getting back into a writing routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear you enjoyed your vacation! I hope you feel refreshed and that you won't have any difficulty building up momentum on your WIP again. Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you were able to distance yourself from your story and enjoy your vacation! And I have confidence you'll find your thoughts back on your WiP soon. Good luck with your goals and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally rooting for you to reclaim your momentum, Laurel. Sounds like you had a really nice break, though, which is awesome! Have a wonderful week. :-)

    ReplyDelete