7/14/14

Ready Set Write! (Week 6)


Hello, and welcome to Week 6 of Ready Set Write!

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS:

I did manage to organize the notes I took while moodling on my vacation, and so now I have a relatively solid scene map that takes me to the end of my story. I have a lot to write still, but the end is in sight and it feels good.  I also added 3400 new words, all in one day, at the cost of a babysitter I hired for 5 hours. Other than that one amazing day (a record high for me), the week was filled with kids and activities and unpacking and repacking. So, I missed my word count goal, but I had to take what I could get.

MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:

This week I am out of town, totally offline at a family camp. I am not bringing my laptop, it's just too gritty for that kind of thing. I will bring a notebook, and my kindle, so I hope to get some more moodling and reading in. But most of all, this is a week for doing, not for writing. I'm taking inspiration from Ben Franklin this week. I'm doing something worth writing.



A WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP MY WEEK:
Babysitters ROCK. 

THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
Having the kids at home was definitely my major challenge.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP
I have a secondary character who emerges as the novel progresses and in the end she will have a transformation nearly as significant as my MC's. I love this character and what is in store for her.

Ready Set Write!, is a weekly blogging meme hosted by Katy UppermanAlison MillerJamie Morrow and Erin L. Funk. As Jamie describes it on her blog, it's a "summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, or revising." Posts will be on Mondays. Are you a writer? Join in!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for going unplugged for the week! And I love that quote from Benjamin Franklin! I'm hanging on to that! Thanks for sharing. =) Enjoy your week off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time with your family. Hope you get some good moodling in ;)

    ReplyDelete