7/7/14

Ready Set Write! (Week 5)


Hello, and welcome to Week 5 of Ready Set Write!

HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS:

I wrote 2000 words,  mostly notes, jotting down ideas as they came to me during my vacation. I had planned to add 3000 new words to my manuscript, but in the end I am happy to have missed that goal, because the "moodling" I did (see below) resulted in some solutions to plot problems I've been wrestling with.

MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:

• Refine the notes I took during my vacation week into a solid roadmap/outline that takes me to the end of my story.
• Add 6000 new words to THREADS OF LIGHT. (1000 per day, 6 days a week).

A WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP MY WEEK:
Moodling.


THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
I had envisioned using my kid-free days at the lake house to do lots of writing, and I ended up not doing much which had me stressed for a bit. But once I gave in to the moodling, the week started to feel a lot better, and I'm excited now about some of the ideas I generated while puttering about on the lake.

SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP
The challenge. This book is reminding me how rewarding it is to challenge yourself to try something new.

Ready Set Write!, is a weekly blogging meme hosted by Katy UppermanAlison MillerJamie Morrow and Erin L. Funk. As Jamie describes it on her blog, it's a "summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, or revising." Posts will be on Mondays. Are you a writer? Join in!

10 comments:

  1. Moodling is SO important so I'm glad you were able to sort things out with that! I usually take two days off from writing so that my brain has a chance to process.

    Hope you have a productive week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think letting your mind brainstorm and work through story ideas and issues is so important! Sometimes it takes walking away from the actual writing part of it to figure out exactly what needs to be done. So, yeah. Moodle away! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you spent some time relaxing. I think as writers we often feel like every spare moment has to be used towards writing, and sometimes our brains need a break! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that about moodling. We need that sometimes! Hope this is a productive week for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moodling, is that like retirement? If so I can highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moodling! Love it, I've never heard that term before. Much more fun than just 'doodling'. And cool quote. Best of luck for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great week! Time alone, on a lake working out plot problems and getting excited about your WIP. Hope this week's good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that quote about moodling! Sounds like it was just what you needed. Best of luck with your goals in the coming week, Laurel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so great! I always say that I have to take time to mull things over or brainstorm or imagine, but moodling is so much more descriptive sounding. I've definitely been doing some moodling lately too, and I'm glad yours seems to be paying off! I hope you had a lovely vacation and that you're refreshed and ready to tackle your latest goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh...I LOVE the word moodling! And so glad there's a name for what I do sometimes other than "zoning out" :)

    Hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete