6/25/14

What's Up Wednesday

Flowers I planted in my garden's raised beds.

Hello friends! 

WHAT I'M READING
11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass. (Book One of the Willow Falls series.) My daughter finished the series and insisted I read it too. I really enjoyed this one, and will be moving on to Book Two.

Stories I Only Tell My Friends, by Rob Lowe. I listened to this as an audiobook. It is narrated by Rob Lowe himself, and I was surprised at how riveting it was. It kept me up late. I might have to download his second one.

A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd. This was darling. I loved the combination of real family and friend drama and emotion with the twist of a little bit of magic.

WHAT I'M WRITING
More new words in THREADS OF LIGHT, my WIP. I was stuck and feeling uninspired on Monday after a busy word-free weekend, but I've gotten my mojo back and I'm cranking again. I want to get this done!!!

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
Sun. Flowers in my garden. My trip to our local bookstore last night. The books I'm reading. The books my kids are reading. The work ethic of the Ready Set Write! participants. 

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
Soaking up the long days of sun. We celebrated the summer solstice with orange flavored milkshakes in honor of the sun. It was quirky, and the kids didn't love them, but I was very happy with my symbolic celebration.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, and designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. I'm grateful to them for creating this structure, which I am finding helpful as I document my path toward becoming a writer. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on reclaiming your writing mojo! It's so frustrating when, for one reason or another, it makes itself scarce. I've had that happen WAY too much in recent months. I'm thankful for RSW and the way it's kind of forced me to get my butt in the chair again. I love your What's Inspiring Me section. Lots of awesome there. Have a wonderful week, Laurel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange milkshakes sound fun! I saw Rob Lowe on Oprah I think to talk about his first book, and it sounded so funny and interesting. I have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for new words! How exciting :D

    Enjoy that summer sunshine. Mmmmm, I could really go for a milkshake right now ;)

    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting back to writing is great! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete