6/18/14

What's Up Wednesday


What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, and designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. I'm grateful to them for creating this structure, which I am finding helpful as I document my path toward becoming a writer. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.








Hello friends! 

WHAT I'M READING
Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliet. I have been wanting to read this for it's art theme, and the mystery elements. I found it original and intriguing. But I felt a bit manipulated in parts, with things coming together just too conveniently for my taste. It didn't detract from it's entertainment value, however. 
The Giver by Lois Lowry. I decided to re-read this one and I'm so glad I did. I'd forgotten much of it, and appreciated it so much more now with my new perspective as an aspiring writer. 
A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd. I just started this. Super cute.

WHAT I'M WRITING
This is starting to sound boring (but that's good news because it means it's getting to be routine): 1000 words a day on THREADS OF LIGHT. Writing every day, or just about, is definitely working for me. 

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
My daughter's enthusiasm for the Willow Falls series by Wendy Mass is inspiring me today. I love seeing her eyes sparkle when she talks about the books, and I love walking through the house and finding her curled up with a book somewhere, totally absorbed. 

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
Summer is here, and the kids are out of school! Love getting up later, not rushing about so much, and having long warm days!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!

3 comments:

  1. I've never read The Giver. I'll definitely have to put it on my TBR and get it read before the movie comes out. I also need to check out those Willow Falls books. My daughter is always looking for good books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1000 words a day is great! Good luck with this week's total ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1000 words a day was my original writing routine, and it worked so well for me until I turned into a slacker. I'm slowly reclaiming the routine, so that's good! I think there's something to be said for having the same goal for every day you sit down to write. Like your writer brain knows what to expect every time. Hey, whatever works, right? Hope you have an awesome week, Laurel! :D

    ReplyDelete