5/28/14

What's Up Wednesday

My dog, swimming in the waters of Half Moon Bay, CA


What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, and designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. I'm grateful to them for creating this structure, which I am finding helpful as I document my path toward becoming a writer. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

Hello friends! 

WHAT I'M READING
Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan: I picked this up at the library on a whim, and was well rewarded. I couldn't put down this story. Loved it, even though it was heartbreaking. It made me want to plant sunflowers.

Fablehaven by Brandon Mull: I'm reading this aloud to my 8 year old. I read the whole series a couple of years ago when my daughter read it, and am happy to be revisiting this great series.

Frommer's Vancouver Island: I'm planning a trip in September to visit the part of the world that inspired my story's setting. I can't wait!

WHAT I'M WRITING
I am continuing to work through my 1st draft of the story about Sam. It is starting to feel more routine to write every day. Yay!

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
I am researching a trip to Vancouver Island in BC Canada, and looking at the photos online of the wild west coast is inspiring me all over again. I can't wait to be there in person!

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
The weather is gorgeous and it feels like summer has begun. It's getting harder and harder to send the kids off to school in the morning and keep up with the frantic pace of May. We all want to be moving into the more relaxed pace of summer. It won't be long now!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!


1 comment:

  1. Agreed that getting the kids to school gets harder everyday. It's really starting to feel like summer around here! Way to go on the writing routine! You're inspiring me :-)

    ReplyDelete