5/21/14

What's Up Wednesday



What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, and designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. I'm grateful to them for creating this structure, which I am finding helpful as I document my path toward becoming a writer. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

Hello friends! 

WHAT I'M READING
Still reading Anne Lamott's Bird By Bird. I'm picking through it slowly, enjoying it, but just not zooming. Looking forward to Paladan Prophecies Book 1 by Mark Frost, which I just picked up on the recommendation of my 10 year old nephew. It looks really fun.

WHAT I'M WRITING
Drafting is going well for my story about Sam. I am still using my 1000 words per day goal, which continues to work well for me. I don't hit it every single day (yesterday was 736, alas), but some days I zoom past it, and it's gotten me working on the story more consistently. I can see progress, and that's exciting.

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
A friend sent me this poem, which I just loved:

I will write until
not a single word
Remains in my soul
Until every story 
in my Heart
has been told . . .
until my mind's well
of Ideas is Bone dry . . .
And even then
I will write on
because writing is not
just something I do
But part of Who I am.

Kathy Jeffords

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
I'm planning for summer. I've got most of the weeks figured out, and just added a backpacking trip for August which should be a nice way to end it before school starts again. Beyond that, it's birthday season around my house. Just finished wrangling the 8-year-old-boy crowd, and now I'm gearing up to plan the 10-year-old-girl party. She wants an Amazing Race birthday... wish me luck coming up with something for that!

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!


3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, the picture, the poem, the Amazing Race. This post was chock full of juicy bites. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the title, What's Up Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. He didn't like the second book as well. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete