4/9/14

What's Up Wednesday

My dog, and her friend, swimming in a giant
mud puddle. She couldn't have been happier.

Hello friends! 

WHAT I'M READING
I'm in that place again where I can't seem to get into a book. Hoping it passes quickly. Dying to get trapped into a story that I can't put down.

WHAT I'M WRITING
For the A to Z Blogging Challenge I decided to post a writing prompt for myself each day (consisting of a photo and a phrase), and then write a short bit of fiction in response to it. Writing to these prompts and keeping up with the daily posting schedule has dominated my writing time. I'm having a ball doing them.

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
These A to Z daily writing prompts have been totally energizing. I'm using them to explore characters, backstory, and settings for my novel. Most of these little snippets will never make it into the novel, but they are becoming part of the exploratory process and are getting me excited about the story all over again. I like writing with a photo in mind, and I like the freedom of not having to connect these bits with anything else. It's allowing me to focus on the pure joy of the writing.

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
Spring break is coming up next week, so I'm preparing for a little adventure we will be taking, and trying to get ahead of the A to Z challenge so that the posts keep going even while I'm gone.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, and designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. I'm grateful to them for creating this structure, which I am finding helpful as I document my path toward becoming a writer. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

5 comments:

  1. ...I think I need new glasses. I totally thought the dogs were a wallowing hippo in the African grasslands...

    They look like lovely animals, now that I've blinked and looked properly ^_^;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said this before, but I think the focus of your A to Z posts is wonderful. What a great way to make it useful to your WiP, even if none of what you write in the posts makes it into your actual story. Exploring those things is only going to make your WiP that much better.

    Hope you're able to find a book you can't put down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mud puddle picture is SO CUTE!

    I'm envious of all you A-to-Zers, you're so dedicated! It's great to see. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an absolutely BRILLIANT way to do the A-to-Z challenge. Such an awesome idea! Good luck to you throughout the rest of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when I get into a book slump and nothing sounds good. I hope something catches your eye soon! Love the picture of the dog buddies. :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete