4/26/14

April A to Z Challenge: W

Image Source: Click Here
Waterfall

Today's writing prompt for the AtoZ challenge is: Waterfall. Here is my entry:

__________________________________________________________________________

I like water, I do. Right now, I'm sitting on a perch along the trail that gives me a perfect view of a secret beach and a tiny waterfall that comes jetting down right on to the sand. Do you see it? Yes, there. This is very pretty water, there's no doubt about it.

The only problem is that there is so much of it here. It comes out of the clouds constantly. Like every single day, sometimes all day long. Nobody here seems to even notice. They certainly don't let it get in the way of their day. I suppose they can't or they'd never get anything done.

I am wearing the coat Aunt Andi loaned me. I pretty much haven't taken it off since she gave it to me, except to sleep. I picked up some rubber boots at the store, and I haven't taken them off either. The umbrella mom gave me for Christmas is long gone. Amanda saw to that. I put my hood up now, just like the locals. I have to admit, it's easier than wrestling with an umbrella. I guess when rain is this much a part of life, you get the hang of dealing with it. 

I suppose I am getting the hang of it too. My socks are dry. I'm actually not really cold. The rain smells good. And that waterfall really is quite pretty. 

__________________________________________________________________________

I've challenged myself to create a writing prompt and write a short response to it each day of April as part of the A to Z blogging challenge. Read more about the A to Z blogging challenge here. Thanks for reading!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome post!

    Please visit my blog, http://www.thatgirlybookworm.blogspot.ca

    I'm also participating in the A-Z Challenge and my theme features books and their titles, which will begin with the letter of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You changed to first person. Who is speaking? Sam, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking at a secret beach, too. Yes, water can be a blessing and a curse. We were in the Nashville flood of 2010 and had to rebuild our house, so I'm all too aware of that!

    ReplyDelete