Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What's Up Wednesday

Hello friends! 

Just a quick entry today for my "What's Up Wednesday" post.

WHAT I'M READING
Finished: Graceling, by Kristin Cashore.  
Reading: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. 
Up next: Wonder by R. J. Palacio.

WHAT I'M WRITING
I've done a little drafting this week on my Sam novel. Added a new scene, and stitched together some older bits from earlier drafts that were re-usable with some editing. Trying to keep some momentum going in the face of a million distractions. A daily challenge!

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
My daughter, who read Wonder in 2 days this week, inspires me. When she gets into a book, she really zooms through it. I love to see it, and it inspires me as an aspiring writer.

The blogging world inspires me. There are so many lovely people out there who have the courage to put themselves out there and share their thoughts and talents with the world. I love to read my handful of favorites every week, and love finding new inspiring people to add to my list. Lately I've been adding mostly cooking and sewing blogs. I think it's the pictures that get me. Yummy.

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
The weather has been spectacular. We are taking a picnic to the park tonight for dinner (per the request of my son who has been begging for this for days!)

I'm sewing a lot. Trying to finish up some long-neglected unfinished projects, and starting to plan my next quilt.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, and designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. I'm grateful to them for creating this structure, which I am finding helpful as I document my path toward becoming a writer. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

4 comments:

  1. I love it when a book is so good I read it in a few days. Sometimes I WANT to do that and just can't :) I hope you stay motivated with a little work on your story as many days as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the millions distractions thing. I feel like I live at the crossroads of Million Distractions and Lack of Motivation most days lol. Sounds like you didn't cave to the distractions, though, so that's good! I've been really into looking at recipes and whatnot lately too. I actually bought three new cookbooks at the dollar store the other day (marked down from $30 and shipped off to Dollarama--sweet deal!). I should start following blogs like that too. :-) We've been having nicer weather lately, but I don't think we're quite at the picnic weather stage just yet. Soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having issues building up momentum on my revisions lately, so I can relate. Sometimes I wish days were twice as long!

    I keep hearing so many amazing things about WONDER. My nephew was recently telling me how much he enjoyed it. I think I need to make a point of reading it soon, especially since my son has expressed interest in it.

    Have an awesome week and good luck on your drafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I (like everyone else in the world, apparently) loved GONE GIRL so much--it's seriously twisted, and such great writing.

    You're so right about keeping momentum in the face of so many distractions--it really is a daily challenge. So I think all writers should get a sparkly gold star for even managing to close down Twitter/FB/tumblr etc, let alone actually getting any words out. (That's like a miracle some days!)

    Have a great week and I hope your momentum sticks around :)

    ReplyDelete