3/5/14

What's Up Wednesday


Stanford's Memorial Church, as seen through the arches of the quad.
(I walk/jog to this place and home again every Sunday morning with my friend Cristina. It's one of my favorite weekly rituals.)

WHAT I'M READING
Last week, when I was in a reading slump, someone recommended going back to an old favorite and re-reading that, to kick me back into a reading mood. So I went looking at my kindle archives, and was reminded of a book I read several years back called Discovery of Witches, by Deborah Harkness. There was a cliff hanger ending but no Book 2 at that time. Well, there is one now! I have been zooming through that (it's called Shadow of Night) all week, sneaking reading breaks at every moment I can steal them throughout my days. Yay! I also decided to try an Audible subscription, and have downloaded Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, and am enjoying listening to that while I fold laundry and such.

WHAT I'M WRITING
To do lists, blog posts, and instagram captions. That's about it this week. My writing work has given way to other activities, I'm sad to say. I'm hoping to get back to it next week.

WHAT'S INSPIRING ME
  • My new yin yoga practice is inspiring me. A few weeks back, I started going to a class on Sundays at the local yoga studio. I liked it so much I found this video to help me practice at home in-between. It leaves me feeling more flexible, and with a warm buzz in my body from the breathing, the stillness, and the meditation.
  • This instagram feed from @eating_whole, and her blog are hugely inspiring me right now. I've made a bunch of her recipes, and eaten many meals inspired by her approach. I am loving her clean, unprocessed, whole approach to eating.

WHAT ELSE IS GOING ON
  • My March Dare, which is to prioritize my health, is going well so far but taking some time. I've been doing lots of yoga, walking, shopping for and preparing healthy meals, and meditation. Feeling good, though, so I think it's working!
  • I've been working on a couple of quilts. Almost done. Feels good to get my hands into the fabric.
  • Starting to dream about upcoming vacation plans for spring and summer.

Thanks for visiting, and Happy Wednesday to you!

What’s Up Wednesday is a meme created by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk, and designed to help writers stay in touch with each other. I'm grateful to them for creating this structure, which I am finding helpful as I document my path toward becoming a writer. Please link over to their blogs to see what they and other writers are up to this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment