Monday, March 17, 2014

Terrain Color Splash: A quilt for Wendy


Well, this quilt was sure a long time in the making. I started it over two years ago, when I fell in love with the Terrain line of fabrics from Kate Spain. I ordered a layer cake (a set of 10x10 cuts of each fabric), and found this pattern on the Moda Bake Shop. The fabrics were a perfect fit for my friend Wendy, who loves bright, happy colors and tropical flowers. 


I got distracted at some point along the way, however, and the pieces sat in a cupboard until January of this year when I decided it was time to finish it up. I was hoping to get it done for Wendy's birthday. I missed that deadline, but at least I got it done!


This pattern is perfect for showing off these gorgeous fabrics. I like that the quilt has a modern feel with all those rectangles and all the white. I think I like the back just as much as the front. I picked out one of the larger floral fabrics, added some white and a long strip of leftover pieced rectangles. So fun!



 I put on a label, which is my new good habit I'm trying to get into.



My quilt holders are my lovely mother, and Wendy herself, who helped me get a picture of it before she took it home.


 And here is another look at that pieced back, which I just love.


I thought it would be hard to let this quilt go, but it's just so perfect for Wendy, and she was so happy to receive it, that it wasn't hard at all. I love sending a quilt to a good home.

I have a few other unfinished quilt tops in my cupboard... I might have to make this the beginning of a roll... 


2 comments:

  1. This quilt is DELICIOUS! I love the whole thing and especially the pattern on the back. Lucky Wendy :-)

    ReplyDelete