A very lovely person I have the privilege to be friends with became a new mother last month. I've been in the mood to make a quilt again for a while, and this seemed the perfect opportunity to get out the sewing machine, which has been gathering dust for the past year.
I have been admiring the chevron patterns I'm seeing everywhere these days, and so I went looking for a quilt pattern online. I came across this darling blog and followed her tutorial. It worked exactly as she described, and here is my finished quilt!
In the hopes of adding some happy color, I decided on yellow for the back. I added some pieced stripes in various widths to break it up and because I didn't have quite enough yellow for a solid back. I think it adds just the right shot of fun to balance the more dramatic front side.
I made a label for the back, following the labeling technique recommended by that same blogger. I think I'd make the next label a little smaller, but other than that I how it came out. Labeling my quilts has been a pain point in the past (and most of my quilts don't have them, consequently.) Hopefully this new method ends my tendency to skip the label.
To give it to her, and protect it from dirt in the transition, I decided to wrap it in cellophane and tie it with a ribbon.
I gave it to her today, and she seemed to like it. I hope so! It was a great project to get me back into quilting, and to remind me how rewarding the whole process can be.