10/15/13

Project Life 2013: Weeks 34 to 36


I'm steadily catching up on Project Life. Every time I come back to it I remember why I love this project. While I'm putting the spreads together, it reminds me of all the things I have to be grateful for. And when I look back on past spreads, it reminds me of the good times, which makes me happy. 

Week 34


Here is Week 34. I only had a few pictures that week, so I used more words than usual.


I had written up a super detailed schedule of our new school routine for the kids, and decided to make a copy and cut it up for the bottom pockets. (We quickly veered from the schedule, but it was nice to have a starting place to strive for.)


The first day of school turned out to be a bit tricky, and Julia didn't cooperate for the traditional first morning pictures. I took one anyway, and then wrote a story on the picture telling her why (because I love her in all moments, even the grumpy ones), and I hope she won't be too mad at me!


Andrew cooperated nicely, and I love having these records of their first days. I imagine one day I will gather them all up and put them together to see the change.


Julia has been super picky about her clothes lately, so we took a few shots of her in different outfits to print out and put in her room to remind her of outfits she could wear to school. Sometimes in the morning it can be hard to put together an outfit. I'd hoped these photos would help. (They didn't, sadly. It's still a daily struggle.) But they made great little cards to slip into the 3x4 pockets!

Week 35


On to Week 35. We went to Big Bear on Thursday for labor day weekend, and I didn't have any pics of Monday through Wednesday, so I just decided to focus the whole spread on our trip.



I loved the flowers in the park and took a bunch of pictures of them, with the idea that I might look for those flowers for my own garden back home. I decided to use one as a background for a title card of sorts. I like how that turned out. As you'll see, I repeated that technique next week too.


I used a mix of black and whites with color on this spread, to unify it a little bit, and to make certain photos pop more. I like the way it came out. I think I am going to use more black and whites going forward.


I had some great shots to work with, which always makes it easier. I love the one of my in-laws on the bottom right, which I processed in Instagram and then cropped to 4x6. I love that the colors came out so intensely.

I had several photos of me with Julia (bottom left) on the boat, including several traditional posed smiles. But I loved that Jeff captured several of me tickling her, and I ended up deciding that was much more fun to include than the posed smiles. I need to do this more often...

Week 36


Just an ordinary week, with a few snapshots of this and that. I put words on them in Photoshop Elements.


We were in the last stages of the kitchen remodel that week, and I was starting to get really anxious to get my kitchen back. So, much of the page focuses on that, including the pics of the kitchen in progress. (If you missed it, you can see the finished kitchen, and my before & after shots, in this post from a couple of days ago. My PL spreads a are bit behind real life!)


I repeated the technique from last week of putting a title over a nature picture, in this case the clouds. I love this! I'm going to have to remember to take more pictures that could be used this way for future weeks.



I included my fall goals, from this blog post, in the bottom left slot on this page. The type is teeny tiny, but still readable. I figured maybe someday I'd be interested in seeing what types of things were on my goal list in 2013. The blog history feels like it just disappears, so capturing a few things in print and putting them in PL is a way to preserve them for future viewing. I love that Project Life can capture these things.

Someday it will be so nice for me and the kids to be able to look back on our lives and see all the little details that seem small in the moment but can add up to so much.

Hope you are having a good week!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. There's so much to like in your layouts Laurel.
    Love the photo of your daughter not cooperating for her first day of school photo. Love how you added the big text (Big Bear and September) on the photographs. Love how doing PL makes your grateful (me too). I really enjoyed visiting from the Mom Creative!

    ReplyDelete