8/10/13

Experiment: Painting on canvas



I have a little collection of blank art canvases. I buy them with big dreams, but they are just so gorgeous and promising, sitting there unused, that I've let the collection sit, and grow, without ever actually painting on one of them.


Until today! Yay!

It's tempting to "save" supplies like this for the perfect idea, and for my skills to catch up with my vision. But they aren't doing me any good wrapped in plastic, piled in a box in the cupboard. And, as happiness expert Gretchen Rubin would say, "Spend out!" (See her great post here, on the downsides of hoarding your good stuff.)


Inspired by the August One Little Word assignment (to create your word out in the world using various mediums), and by Elsie's art (which was inspired by the amazing Kal Barteski's brush script), I decided to paint a mini version of my word for 2013, expand.



I used some blue sample paints from Benjamin Moore for the background, and white acrylic for the lettering, and a plain brown grocery sack to protect my table. 


I am sure the lettering could be better, and the white paint could be more smoothly applied, but I don't care. I love how it came out! I am going to find a place for it near my desk where I can see it every day.

Is there something you've been saving, like my blank canvases? Is it time to get it out and use it? I challenge you....

1 comment:

  1. Your cursive style is very nice and that was a great word to pick.

    ReplyDelete