6/1/13

Hello June

Bubbles over grass

Each month I like to write up and post some thoughts for the month. Kind of like goals, but a little looser. Especially now that it's SUMMER!

HELLO JUNE!

The kids are getting out of school this month, and we've got a slew of fun things planned that will keep us very busy... camping, camps, and family trips, all against the backdrop of a kitchen remodel. So with all that in mind, here are my thoughts for June.

Take it one day at a time. It's easy to get a bit overwhelmed by the many activities coming up, each with their own to-do list of things to buy, prepare, pack, etc. I'm going to trust that lots of advance fretting or prep isn't going to make those activities better, so I'm just going to take them one at a time. Same goes for surviving the kitchen remodel. Lots of fretting isn't going to help. One makeshift meal at a time. One day at a time.

Remember that Summer is very short. I'm sure I'll soon be saying "where did the time go?" So slow down and enjoy it. And if/when there are days when I'm not enjoying it, know that it will be over in a blink!

Find ways to maintain some "me time." I don't want to completely lose momentum on the great projects, routines, and friendships I spent the year building. Plus, I anticipate that keeping everybody busy and happy all summer will be a challenge, and sometimes I'll fail which could be frustrating and exhausting. So, I hope to find creative ways to build in the time for myself, one way or another, to re-energize and recover, and stay connected in small ways to my larger priorities.

(That said...)

It's okay to have a summer! While I don't want to lose momentum on my novel, or some of the other activities I've cultivated during the past year, I also don't want to get stressed or disappointed if they fall to the wayside during these summer months. Summer is for taking a break, and spending time on things we don't have time for during the school year. It's my first summer not working (since high school!), so I plan to enjoy it!

I hope you have exciting plans for your summer too. Happy June!

1 comment:

  1. I like the picture..It's summer. Dad

    ReplyDelete