4/10/13

Recent Reads: New favorites and finds in the Middle Grade and YA categories

In addition to reminiscing about the books that inspired me as a child (see this list), I've been thinking also about the books I've read more recently in the Middle Grade and Young Adult (MG/YA) categories. Below is a list of books I've read in recent years (as an adult) and enjoyed. When there is a series, I list the first book and note that it begins a series. (In no particular order.)

Holes, by Louis Sachar

The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (and her tale The Goose Girl)

Poison Study (series) by Maria V. Snyder

The Hunger Games (series) by Suzanne Collins

The Hound of Rowan (series) by Henry H. Neff


The Lightning Thief (series) by Rick Riordan (and all his others)

The False Princess by Ellis O'Neil

The Alchemyst (series) by Michael Scott

Fablehaven (series) by Brandon Mull

Hero by Mike Lupica

Behind the Bookcase by Mark Steensland

Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling (of course)











As I continue to read Kid Lit books, I'll add them to this list. I hope the list was helpful to you as a reader or as a source of recommendations for a middle grade or young adult reader in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment