3/26/13

Project Life 2013 | Weeks 11 & 12



This week I've got two weeks in one spread. I had relatively few photos, and I wanted to try something different.

Here is the left side:



And here is the right:


As you can see, I decided to dedicate the whole middle row of 3x4s to samples from my Flower Crazy painting class.


Along the bottom row, I decided to try words instead of pictures. I wrote a short blurb about what's going on in each person's life right now. (I used one of the blank templates from Ali's travel kit.) My daughter got into it and wanted to dictate hers, so I just typed exactly what she said, which was fun. My son dictated a couple of lines of his, and I wrote my husband's for him since I knew he wouldn't want to get involved. I liked the format. I certainly wouldn't do it every week, but it feels like a nice change after many picture-dominated spreads this year.


For the few somewhat random photos I had, I decided to use a 4-up template by Cathy Zilskie, and used the three remaining 4x6 slots along the top. I added a few lines of text at the bottom to explain the photos.


And that's what I did for these two weeks. It looks totally different than my other weeks, and I love that. It's nice to change it up now and again. For a stretch where there aren't a lot of photos, this seems like a good solution that I'll probably repeat again.

Hope you are having a great Spring! Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

  1. I love how your spread turned out! A great idea to work with more text.

    ReplyDelete