2/5/13

Project Life Week Five


Hello Week Five! 

I went back to a full page spread this week, after trying out a half page per week for the first four weeks. I just had too many pictures to stick to my half page format. Loved putting this week together. 


I put in the pictures of my kids on the bottom left early in the week, and that established my color theme of the week. I made a point of trying to keep red in my photos as much as I could, along with neutrals. Not all of the photos cooperated, but overall I like how the color theme came through a bit. 


I got out the paints one day and made a little card to slide in, with my color theme of the week in mind. It was just for fun and to get myself back in the habit of getting the paints out every so often.



 I was quite surprised to be greeted by my six year old son one morning with the lovely quote below, and had to write it down and slip it in immediately. :) I tried to fancy up the lettering using some tips I've picked up so far in an online class I'm taking. (Letter Lab, by Lori Vliegen.)


I am loving my new Underwood typewriter, a new addition to our household, thanks to my 98 year old great uncle, who gave it to me as a gift. It seemed to go well with the quote I had (from Elise's downloadable collection) so I put them side by side.


I used a week in review card again to summarize the key happenings of the week.


I particularly loved the photo of Andrew eating ice cream outside of Foster's Freeze. He loves this place, and it's a town landmark. I took a few shots of him eating the ice cream up close, with nothing recognizable in the background, but then I thought it would be more fun to get him in front of the shop. Sometimes having a sense of place makes all the difference.


I'm enjoying this week's return to a more traditional documentation of the whole family's week, vs the more personal approach I'd taken in the first 4 weeks. I may go back and forth between these approaches, until one settles. I love the flexibility of this project. I can do with it what I want to each week.

On to Week Six!
___

I'm sharing my post at The Mom Creative today. Be sure to click over to see lots of other pages from real people using Project Life to document their everydays.


10 comments:

  1. Oh my, the paints, the typewriter, the quote from Julia. I am in love with this spread, and with this beautiful week of your life. I can FEEL all those details.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote card from Elise is SO perfect for that typewriter photo. And OMG that typewriter...it's amazing! What is the red 3x4 that looks like paint (or maybe lipstick - ha!) swatches? I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelsey, I mixed shades of red paint and just went to town on that little card. Just exploring shades and having fun.

      Delete
  3. Great details. Interesting idea to have a color theme for the week even in your photos. Good luck with playing with paints. That is so fun and so relaxing. I'm trying to play more with art myself. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww! Love that quote from Andrew -- so spontaneous -- and a special gift for the day. I do love that typewriter; it brings back memories of a time long gone -- but yet such a short time ago, really! Yes, what is that red photo -- it looks a bit like red jello???? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a plain card painted in shades of red. Not jello! :)

      Delete
  5. Such a great layout. Love your painted card, looks wonderful.
    Love the quote from your son. SO SO sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooooohhhhhhh I love that typewriter!! Lucky you :) Such a great idea to make your own filler card to match the week. That quote from your little guy is priceless. That reminds me that I should include a quote from my daughter as well (of course what she told me is NOT really flattering but that is real life).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. I get so many of the not flattering kind that it barely seems noteworthy. When I heard the nice compliment, you can imagine I went rushing for the pen to write it down! :)

      Delete
  7. What a great idea to write down the quote of your son and include it. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete