2/26/13

Project Life 2013 Week Eight


Happy Tuesday!

My Project Life spread for last week, Week Eight, is all wrapped up. Here is my spread:


I decided to take my color scheme from the photo of the tulips. I love a little sunshine yellow in the middle of February! I didn't have lots of photos this week, and so I put in more words than I have in the last few weeks. I think it's good to mix it up. Sometimes I just want to let the photos speak for themselves, and sometimes I want to capture a few things that photos don't do justice.


I was looking back over my 2012 album the other day, and came across a 2 page writeup I included early in the year that documented our typical week. It was fascinating reading, a year later, and reminded me of how much the little things can change in such a short time. That inspired me to include a little 4x6 documentation of our typical morning routine. Maybe in later weeks I'll shine the spotlight on other parts of our weekly routine. The kids afternoon activity schedule. Our evening routines. A typical weekend, etc.


I also included a little snapshot of Saturday, which I wrote late Saturday night after the kids went to bed. There was nothing at all remarkable about our Saturday, but I was thinking again about how different things might be in a few years, so I wrote down little snippets of what we did that day. Just for a change, and to mix it up.

I also decided to try a new format for my "week in review" card. I am not sure if I like it, but it's good to have tried it. I enlarged an Ali Edwards word art, "one little week", and put it in the background, in light yellow, behind some one liners about what happened this week.


Finally, I think I will include an insert this week. My first insert of the year, I believe.


I made these hybrid pages from Cathy Zielske's digital template. It's an interview with the kids, documenting their answers to some basic questions. I love the way they turned out.

There is something nice about seeing several photos of one child, from the same general timeframe but different days and different settings, on one page all together. I think you get a well rounded sense for each kid this way. I'm really loving these, and hope I remember to repeat the process next year, to see the contrast.

This week I used lots of digital elements from Ali Edwards, plus cards from Becky Higgins' Seafoam Edition core kit, and a quote card from Elise Blaha. (In addition to the aforementioned Cathy Zielske insert.)




I am linking up with The Mom Creative today. Be sure to click over there for more examples and lots of inspiration.

5 comments:

  1. It looks great!! Such a good idea to document the routines as they do change so much from year to year. I really need to do the interviews with my kids too - thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to do a "day in the life" or "day in the week" type of insert, but it seems like too much work for me right now! I love that you included it in your spread :) I have an (almost) 8 year old that I plan on interviewing for PL and my blog in a similar manner, and I can't wait for my (almost) 3 year old and 10 month old to be old enough to answer questions (the 2 year old still just says a sharp "no" or drawn out "yeeesss" to anything you ask her, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the way you used the colors here. It is a great inspiration for my next (first) real PL page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts. Love the toy repair. So cute.
    The interview for the kids sounds like such a fun idea. I might have to do that with my 4 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun. I used the same inspiration to document a conversation with my nephews for week 8. Great minds think alike :-)

    ReplyDelete