12/18/12

Project Life Week 49



Happy Tuesday!

I'm sharing my Project Life Week 49 today, the week of December 3-9. I've been sick, and busy with other things, so I decided to make it quick and simple this week. I printed my photos at home, since I was out of time for my usual routine of ordering online. Printing at home isn't quite the same. My black cat didn't come out truly black, for example. But for this week, I'm okay with it. Better to have something documented and the week done and move on, than to fret and get behind.

Left side

So I just slipped the photos in. I had a cute little slip of paper Andrew gave me as an apology for something (I've already forgotten what), that I saved and adhered to a blue background for a leftover pocket.

Right side

For the journaling I hand wrote some notes about the week on journaling cards. I am not sure I did the week justice, but sometimes they go like this, and sometimes I have more time and energy to get fancier. I'm okay with that. What's important to me is that I have the record.

In light of the news from Newton, I'm feeling especially grateful for this habit I've developed, of documenting the little things each and every week. They are so precious, and I am so grateful.

_____

I'm linking up with the Mom Creative today. Click over to see lots of other examples of Project Life pages.

And, to learn more about Project Life, and get ready to start your own in 2013, visit Becky Higgins.



5 comments:

  1. Laurel--I love that there is flexibility to be simple when the days call for it. I agree that documenting the simple moments is a way to be mindful of them. There is actually interesting research on savoring--and this post is the first time that I've put together that scrapbooking is a really amazing way to cultivate savoring....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that I'm sorry note is too cute!! I totally agree about having this hobby and PL to document things every week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could read and see the pages better, but it doesn't get bigger when i try to enlarge the pages. In any case, I love these pages you do and my oh my, you will be so glad to look back on them and truly savor those precious moments. What a marvelous project from every point of view. I'd like some time to look at it in person. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better. One of the things I love about PL is you can make it as easy or complicated as you want. Love your layout and those sibling photos are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the brother and sisterly love. That picture of them on the couch is just too cute--they look so comfy and happy at home. Cool perspective shots too--fun! Such sweet pets you have.

    ReplyDelete