12/17/12

December Daily: The 10th through the 16th


I've had some catching up to do on my December Daily album. I got myself up to date this morning, and here is a quick peek at my pages.




Wednesday was a highlight, as I had the opportunity to watch a friend make homemade marshmallows from scratch. She really demystified the process and made it look easy. I was so inspired that I went out and bought a candy thermometer so that I could try a batch on my own. We'll see how it goes!



By Friday I was sick with Strep Throat, and heartsick over the news. I spent the day in bed, so there are no photos from Friday, nor from Saturday. Earlier in the month, I'd created a chipboard page with six trees and the word "joy" stamped in white over and over again on the background. It seemed like the perfect day to use it. To this foundation, I added a clear overlay with 20 sparkling rhinestones. It was a day without much Joy, but I decided to add the red joy at the top anyway, to remind myself to choose joy always, or try to, even in the face of the most terrible tragedies.



On to another week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you choose joy. But some days It's OK to be sad, or angry. Or both.

    ReplyDelete