11/27/12

Project Life Week 45


"Thank you for coming to this wonderful restaurant" (translated from the 6 year old spelling)

Happy Tuesday!

This week I am sharing Week 45 (Nov 5-11) of Project Life 2012.



I kept things very simple this week, using just photos, a few stickers, and a journaling card or two. Simple is good. Some weeks, things come together slightly more artfully with a color theme or some fancier digital overlays. And some weeks I just document, with no frills. I'm finding I'm just as happy with those weeks, and so pleased I've been able to keep up with this project all year long.


I had a lot of little unrelated stories on this left side. In a few cases there was room to add a label sticker right onto the photo, where I added a bit of journaling. Where I couldn't fit a label sticker, I used Becky Higgins' number stickers to match photos to numbered journaling notes on a card. Those number stickers feel a bit old school, but they do the job.


I like how this little part turned out. I printed two Instagram pictures I took of my new art journal, and placed them onto some plain colored Project Life cards and created the title with a simple label sticker.


Finally, here is the right side, telling the story of my daughter's surgery. It was a big week for her (and me), but fortunately everything turned out well and she's fully mended now.

On to Week 46!

_________

I will be linking up with the Mom Creative today. Be sure to click over to her site for more Project Life examples and inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I'm dying over the invented spelling, so darn cute! :-) I've found that I do better when I keep things simple on my pages too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the art journal cards! What a great way to showcase your efforts! And I'm learning that simple works really well for me, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I LOVE the handwritten note from your little guy - makes me wish my kids still wrote cute stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the handwritten card from your 6 year old. So sweet.
    Glad the surgery went well. She looks like a brave little girl.

    ReplyDelete