11/9/12

30 Days of Thankful

Today I'm feeling incredibly grateful for my daughter. She had surgery yesterday, and while it was a "routine" procedure to remove her tonsils, nothing feels routine when it's your baby.


Here she is showing her spirit just before the surgery. She came through it like a champ, and is going to be just fine.

And while this isn't a post about her surgery, I can't help but to start with that, as she's working on the 30 Days of Thankful project with me, and I wanted to share a couple of her pages today.

We're doing it together. She's taking the odd days, and I'm taking the even days. We're a little bit behind with the surgery taking up some of our attention and energy this week. But we will catch up.

Today I wanted to share her first couple of pages. She is 8, by the way.



I love that this project gives me a structure around something I've been wanting to bring more focus to for our family.

It's been a great way to get us all thinking about how much we have to be thankful for.

I love the simple format of printing and sticking on a photo. I'm printing at home just to make it easier to keep up in real time. My printer is less-than-spectacular, but that's okay. It's not about that, for this project.

This project was created by Cathy Zielske, and I'm linking up with her "Share-A-Page Fridays" today. Be sure to click over to her for more examples of what other people are doing with this project.

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I feel for you and I'm sorry that you're daughter had to undergo surgery. I am glad though that she came out like a champ! These pages are definitely wonderful because you're doing it with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great project to do with a child. you got me thinking now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is wonderful that you have your daughter involved in this project! Mine are teens and young adults and wouldn't want to play along at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pages and I am so in love with the idea of doing this with your Daughter. What a treasure this will be when she is older. Hope she is starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have given me ideas to include my son in a project like this, he's around the same age. Good luck to your daughter and her continued recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...love that your daughter is doing this. My kids love to help out with Project Life...about to ask Miss 9 is she would like to do this too ...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have my girls (9 and 6) doing this with me, as well as my husband. I think it's great you and your daughter are doing it together - to me it is a much better project that way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to share this project with your daughter.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete